Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Blast through a Sticking Situation

Spring Poplars
9" x 9"
Sharon V. Rotz



Applique is all about adding layer upon layer of fabric. Hand applique is lovely, traditional, very calming and portable. But it is not quick.

Some days ideas burst forth and I'm in a fury to get things done. Fused applique is my answer and I use it often.

Recently, I was asked what brand of fusible adhesive do I use? In my fusing past, I have tried fusibles only to find they "unfused" if I heated them a bit too long. I have had the sad problem of release paper that didn't release. I have had a fusible adhesive that "fused" to my machine needle leaving it a gummy mess.

Now, I only use Lite Steam-A-Seam and Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 and would recommend it. Not only is it easy to stitch through, I can heat and reheat it to add layers to my project. As they say "The bond is strong and permanent, yet leaves your fabric soft and supple, even with several layers of applique."

Fusible adhesive may not be showy, but you will love it when it hugs your fabric and keeps it secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...