Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New Binding Technique

As I said yesterday, my goal was to use my magazines instead of just storing them. In the December/January 2010 issue of Quilter's Newsletter, I saw a new binding technique that I thought I would try on this small tile. The "Magic Strip Binding" makes a two color binding that I feel does add to the piece.

It was completely machine done with the final top stitching showing on the outer dark green binding. I felt a little clumsy doing it, and I wasn't completely sold on the idea of pinning on one side of the quilt sandwich and then more pinning on the other side to align all the edges. But, then, it was a first attempt and it would undoubtedly go smoother next time.

I've added the instructions to my notebook and I am on to my next magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...