I layered the water soluble stabilizer over two layers of sheer blue polyester fabric. I took it to my machine which was set up with silver metallic thread and started to free motion stitch the dragonflies. I went over all the lines at least twice and added more stitching to give detail to the wings. After completing the stitching, I trimmed away the excess fabric and soaked off the stabilizer.
The dragonflies have just enough body and the wings tend to curl up slightly gives them a dose of character. Perfect for what I have in mind. Actually, I found they are so much fun to make that one more, and one more, lands on my table.
Now to press on and give them a quilt to permanently land on.