Monday, June 28, 2010

The Lowdown on the "Lay-down"

After a short deviation, a minor side trip on some curving improvisational roads, I am back on track again and working on the pickle dish quilt.

I find it much easier, at least in the initial stage of a project, to lay it down on the floor rather than trying to make pieces stick on a design wall. They never fall off and I can quickly change and evaluate my options. So, here are my choices laid out on my design floor.

The traditional pickle dish block has been broken down and the parts have made new and fascinating shapes. The shapes are fun and interesting but the dull monotony of the green needed shaking up. Enter the bright red/orange hand-dyed fabric with its curvy lines snaking through the picture. All we need now is a little music.

A good beginning.

1 comment:

  1. Cool use of traditional blocks -- I like the colors too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...