Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Perfect Quilt






Passion, not Perfection
8" x 8"
Sharon V. Rotz








Ah, to make the perfect quilt. The one where every corner matches, every applique stitch is hidden, there are no knots in the back of the quilting and the binding has perfect corners.

Are you working so hard to achieve perfection that you are losing your passion? Do you love selecting fabrics, playing with color combinations, stitching pieces together, and selecting quilting designs to hold the whole piece together?

In this little quilt,, I had so much fun just playing. Putting fabrics together in a creative, no holds barred fashion. I love the fabrics, and the colors and I love the fact that the piecing is free and improvisational. The edges aren't even and I didn't want them to be. Take that, oh judge of perfection! For me, this quilt is full of my passion for quilting.

Today, don't forget to have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...