Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Waiting for Paint to Dry



O.K. maybe it's not paint, but the wait is just as long and just as boring. After creating tree trunk fabric yesterday, I had a whole day to wait for it to dry so I could try my idea. Well, that's way too..ooooo long. When you are inspired, you are ready to take action.

In the meantime, I chose other fabrics to try a small quilted piece. Inspired by the 8.5" of rain we have had in July, (maybe overwhelmed by it is a better description) I'm working on recreating the scene out by studio window. No rules, just fun piecing and hand-quilting with large stitches to depict the rain.

Check back to see how I finish the piece.

And, back to my tree trunk fabric, maybe a series of tree quilts? or... am I done with the subject? Have I lost the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...