Thursday, July 22, 2010

Rainy Day







Rainy Day
9" x 17"
Sharon V. Rotz












Surprise, the weather for today is rain. Don't get me wrong. I do like rain and the dry earth and the low lakes certainly need it but we have had our share lately. And, I know the invasion of mosquitos will soon follow. Not looking forward to that!

Meanwhile, as the rain drips off the roof, I look out my window at trees which are shadowed by the mist and falling drops. It does have its own appeal. I've tried to capture the mood in this small quilt.

I fused layers of fabric and cut out small leaves. These were stitched on by machine leaving the edges free. The dimensional look added the finishing touch.

I'm happy with the piece but I suddenly have a great desire to dig some orange and red fabric out of my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...