Sunday, July 18, 2010

It all about the Light

After considering how much I use my sewing machine for both piecing and quilting and how much I count on my iron for pressing those seams flat and for fusing those appliques, I pushed those things aside as the most important thing I need.

For without the light to see, I cannot work. This was so evident when the power went off. The storm clouds and the canopy of trees over my house closed out the light. I couldn't even do all those hand stitching jobs that I thought of. As I get older, I realize even more the importance of good lighting.

As I walk into my studio today, I am again thankful for the wonder of that switch on the wall that illuminates my stitching world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...