Monday, July 26, 2010

Combining Hand and Machine Embroidery

Sunday Morning Garden
8" x 8"
Sharon V. Rotz

Embroidery can do so much to enhance our fabric art. Many quilters now have sewing machines with amazing capabilities for doing embroidery. I have never felt the need to have a machine with extended embroidery features, but almost every machine has some simpler embroidery stitches. The machine I have now as well as every one of my past machines had decorative stitches I never made use of. Well, until now. Who says you can't teach an old dog a new trick?

I tried a few stitches and they were lovely, very even and precise. Then, my imagination took over and I cut up my lovely embroidery and combined it with piecing on this small quilted tile.

I couldn't resist adding a little hand embroidery. I learned embroidery from my mother when I was a young girl and I love the relaxing moments when I slowly add small hand stitches.

What do you think of the combination?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...