Monday, July 5, 2010

Fabric Beads

One day, I was visiting Pat, a quilting friend who is a wonderful textile artist. She got me involved in making fabric beads from narrow triangles of silk. After rolling the triangle into a tube, aided by a bit of glue, colorful yarns were tied around the bead.

These were so fast and easy to make and what possibilities for creative use. I have been thinking ever since how I want to use these particular beads.

It seems like I made similar beads when I was a child. We cut colorful pages from magazines or the Sears catalog and rolled the triangle strips around matchsticks or straws. We threaded our fabulous beads on cord for childhood "high fashion" necklaces. Do you remember ever doing this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...