Friday, July 23, 2010

Rod pocket for small quilt

Thanks to my friend Laura K (check out her blogspot http://laurasartontherun.blogspot.com/), I learned a new way to hang quilts that is so simple and looks like it will work extremely well for small quilts.

Very few things in life are direct and to the point, so here is the story. Laura recently had a quilt selected to travel in an exhibit called "Alzheimer's Illustrated: From Heartbreak to Hope" Congratulations to you, Laura.

As I was checking out the site, I saw how I could contribute a small quilt to this great cause. Further investigation on making a donation quilt led to ways to hang a quilt and I found this simple suggestion.

Fold 2 squares of fabric in half diagonally to form triangles. Before binding the quilt, place the triangles on the back upper corners of the quilt with the raw edges even with the quilt edge. Stitch in place as you apply the quilt binding. Like magic, the rod pocket is made and ready to insert a small dowel for hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...