Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Visiting the Capitol

On my recent trip to Monroe, two quilting friends and I stopped in Madison and toured the Wisconsin State Capitol. It has been restored to its original state and is definitely a grand building. I love architectural details and everywhere I look I see ideas for future quilts. These details may become applique, or inspiration for machine quilting.

Thanks, Mary and Elizabeth, for being great traveling companions and helpers along the way. Our lives are certainly enriched by all those whom we have long known and those we meet but for a brief moment.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. I'd love to see it one day.

    As an FYI, one year I was lucky to be in Denver when their State Capitol was the site of a quilt show. Beautiful quilts were displayed throughout the capital. Made it really special for a tour. I'd love to see every state do that once a year!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea to fill the Capitol with quilts! It would definitely be an awesome display and Wisconsin has spectacular quilters who could fill the halls.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...