Thursday, May 27, 2010

Today I was executioner!

Are there times that you don't feel in control of your life? There are so many situations that pop into our lives that we can't change or control. We become overwhelmed.

Today was a liberating day for me. I attacked something I could control. I turned my attention to my scrap box. Normally, I save my scraps because I may need a bit more of the fabric or the scraps may become part of a smaller project -- or that fabulous scrap quilt in my mind.

My scrap box was overflowing with bits and pieces. Did I truly plan to use these scraps? Have I gone in new directions and these pieces will not fit in? Am I tired of looking at these old fabrics?

The answer was a definite YES. So today, I was in control of their life span. I was judge, jury and executioner. It turned into a fun, liberating day. I TERMINATED 5 grocery bags of fabric. And, I didn't feel guilty at all.

Some of the fabric will be recycled into a donation for our charity quilting group. Other bits are just too small to be rescued. Just why was I saving such small pieces anyway?

I feel free. Tomorrow I will start anew refilling my scrap box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...