Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Exactly Where Did This Come From?

Color Explosion
17" x 14"
2010 - Sharon V. Rotz

Here I have been enjoying delicate spring flowers and then go into my studio and come out with this. How did that happen?

My only thought is that the flowers have gone into my memory bank and have to spend some time traveling around in my head before they are turned into a quilt inspiration. Meanwhile, the fantastic colors of sunrises, new growth, and those violet blooms all "mushed" together and fabrics from my stash popped up to bring the excitement to life.

Your art should make you happy and this puts a smile on my face. It stretched me out of my comfort zone to stitch wavy pieces together and finish an uneven edge (after all those years of striving for straight edges).

Lesson for the day: Loosen up, loosen up, we must stay loose to be creative!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...