Friday, May 21, 2010

Moving Along

As you can see, things are moving along on my little artwork. I cut more small leaves from the silk. This task, like placing your hands in a pan of hot, soapy dish water, is calming and meditative. I enjoy the moment. I gives me time to clear my head and let ideas swirl through my brain.

My creative spirit is calling and it is clear that if one sheer (the lace) is good, a second sheer could be even better. Diving into my stash, out pops a brown sheer that I fuse over the "ground" to add detail and dimension. My mind working quicker than my hand is now dreaming up other possible ways to use sheers.

Meanwhile, with the ground finished, I snip the remains of the brown sheer and add them as leaves to my trees. Progress is being made.

1 comment:

  1. I see/feel "Dancing Trees." The lace, leaves and branches all make me think of movement, swaying and dancing. And, no, I haven't been watching "Dancing with the Stars" lately (too busy), although I do like that show ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...