Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday's Tile is Looking for Spring

Quilter's Tile - Spring Leaves
8" x 8"
©2012 - Sharon V. Rotz

Getting back to a previous post, I was playing with textile paints and hand made stamps. I found I had a tendency to want to line up my stamped images in nice straight rows.

I did break away from those rows on this sample. I tried yellow paint to see if it would look green on a blue fabric. Maybe not as much as I would have thought, next time I can add a bit of blue paint.


I didn't do much to change this fabric, just layered and added machine quilting. Sometimes, simple is best.  I used a variegated green thread for the leaves and a matching blue thread for the echoed background.

I thought that my stamp looked like evergreen boughs but when I added the quilting it changed entirely. It certainly helps to keep an open mind and go with the flow. 

With a late season snowstorm dumping on us, we are all grasping for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...