Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday's Tile - Pods on Golden Pond

Quilter's Tile - Pods on Golden Pond
8" x 8"
©2012 - Sharon V. Rotz


This tile started with a drawing from my sketchbook. My drawing abilities are limited but they are improving the more time I spend observing and practicing my sketching. 


I seemed to acquired a collection of metallic paints. How could I resist those sparkling colors? It was time to break open those bottles and spend a little time playing. Since I was pleased with my pods sketch, I redrew it on fabric and started in with the paints.


I am so pleased with the results. I can't wait to try this technique on a larger piece. This Quilter's Tile has served its purpose. It has given me the chance to try a technique on a smaller scale. Since I was serious about finishing the piece with quilting and binding, I treated it differently and learned more than I would have if I was just practicing on scrap fabric.


1 comment:

  1. Well you definitely know how to sow good looking pods on quilts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...