Friday, March 16, 2012

Quilt It Now or Later?


I have just finished quilting this project that had several starts and stops in the quilting due to appliqued designs on the quilt top. I was thinking it would be so much easier to quilt if I didn't have all these pieces in the way. I could quilt from one end of the quilt to the other uninterrupted.

Would it work to "pre-quilt" the top and then add the applique?



So this is my goal for my next project. I will quilt first and see what happens?  Will it work? Will I be sorry I started this plan? What do you think?


I've begun quilting some of the lines.  Nothing in my way, I am having an easy time of quilting across the surface. (Yes, despite the color difference in the photos, this is the same piece of fabric.)

Come back again and see where this project goes. Meanwhile, enjoy the season. This morning I stepped outside and was greeted by a robin singing his heart out. What a glorious day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...