Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday's Tile - Falling Leaves

Quilter's Tile - Falling Leaves
8" x 8"
©2012 Sharon V. Rotz


Of the three samples of fabric that I previously stamped, this one seemed to be the stumbling block for me. One of these samples was stamped in regimented rows, a second sample was free-form stamped and this last one was somewhat even, somewhat random. Of the three, this was the one that I liked the best. Then why did it cause me to stumble?




Maybe because I didn't want to "mess it up". Often when we buy a piece of fabric that we just love, we are afraid to use it. We don't want to waste it by making the wrong choice, or we don't want to use it up  and there won't be anymore. So we hold it tightly in our hands and fear cutting into it. 


Well, right or wrong, I jumped in and chose to use my sample. I applied fusible to the back of a sheer blue and cut a tree. This I fused this in place and added a few fused leaves. I was happy with the fact that you could see through the sheer, creating the look of complexity with layers. The quilting added another layer of interest.


For the wider binding, I chose two fabrics to give a feeling of earth and sky. 

I still have my fabric but it is not longer grasped tightly. It is enriched and displayed proudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...