Friday, March 9, 2012

Three Things I've Learned while Quilting

detail - Blue Broken Star

1. I quilt better before lunch. Maybe my head is more clear in the morning. Maybe as it gets closer to lunch the hungrier I am and more focused. Maybe after lunch I am lazier. Maybe after lunch I should nap, yes, like a cat sleeping in the sunshine.

Spring Leaves

2. If I start with a larger piece of batting and backing, I can change where the center of my quilt is (hence the opportunity for uneven borders and bindings even at this late stage).



Lizard Tails

3. The quilting brings fabric to life. We, as quilters, have the golden opportunity to easily add texture and dimension to our work. This is what other artists strive for on a flat, one dimensional canvas.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...