Sunday, March 27, 2011

Zen-quilting

Zen-Quilting Tile
8" x 8"
Sharon V. Rotz

I have heard of zen-doodles and Zentangles, but as free-motion quilters we can certainly be the artists who create beautiful Zen-Quilting. I found this a relaxing activity and a fun way to practice (or design) lines and shapes that I can use in the future on larger quilting projects.

Being so much a color fanatic, I keep thinking of various ways that I could add color to my quilt tile. Am I done? Should I hold back? Or, should I splash color all over?  I am trying hard to keep my hands tied behind my back and just stop. I keep telling myself, this tile is done and bound, get past it.

Do you create in black and white? Or are you, like me, ready to throw each piece into a multi-color dye pot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...