Friday, January 15, 2010

Winter's Garden

This evening, you are invited to a Garden Party - Artists' Reception at the Riverfront Art Center in Stevens Point, WI. "Winter's Garden" is an exhibition of floral art with live orchids in bloom. I love this exhibit because the live orchids and the artwork compliment each other so well. What a lovely setting to contrast with a cold winter outdoors.

I am pleased that my piece "Red Hot Chili Lily" was juried in and is a part of the exhibit which features paintings, photography and other art forms. (Both orchids and artworks are for sale.)

"Red Hot Chili Lily" was a challenge quilt for me. The self-imposed challenge was to use my fire-hot batik as a background instead of an accent fabric. It certainly posed a different way to look at a piece of fabric. It took a while to ponder through possible solutions but I'm happy with the outcome. What do you think?

Since I was looking at my fabric differently, I also decided to look at the flowers from a different view-point. What would I see if I were a tiny mouse running through the grass?

1 comment:

  1. I love Sharon's art! Please visit the Riverfront Gallery in Stevens Point to see her "Red Hot Chili Lily" in person. The lily flowers are 3-D, and the overall color is a Wow!
    valerie@berkelydesign.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...