Saturday, January 9, 2010

I've done it!



This is all that remains. I've used it all up. These tiny scraps can be thrown away with absolutely no regrets. Don't you wish this happened with every project?

A few days ago, I mentioned that I had a pile of half square triangles left from a previous project. They sat on the corner of my cutting table for many months. The fact that I loved the colors kept them in sight and in the corner of my brain. They were just waiting for their opportunity to become a quilt. Well, with the new year comes the idea of cleaning up my life.

So, I did---------or should I say, sew, I did. A top is completed and a back is completed. Come back tomorrow and I will post the pictures.

Today, I will be celebrating because I have reduced the excess fabric from my "Keep Your Quackers in a Row" project (pictured below) to just a couple "practice stitching" scraps.

By the way, "Keep Your Quackers in a Row" is a great fast quilt, with flannel on the front and fleece on the back. It is so cuddly and warm, making it a much loved and appreciated gift. The pattern in available on my website www.bysher.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...