Sunday, January 10, 2010

Four Star Quilt

I saved the half square triangles cut from the corners of the flying geese blocks in "Keep Your Quackers in a Row". Using these triangles and the small amount of remaining fabric from the project, I arranged the elements into the Four Star Quilt. The centers of the stars are "freedom blocks" from my book "Log Cabin Quilts with Attitude".

I was challenging myself to use up the fabric from my "Quackers" quilt, and the top of the "Four Star Quilt" put a major dent in the excess but there was a small amount of fabric still left. I decided to make blocks, squares, and whatever units that used up the fabric and place these on the back of the quilt.

It was a bit of a jigsaw puzzle arranging the pieces for the quilt back and I did need to supplement with more fabric. Several black and white prints were my favored choice. The quilt back became a creative, free spirited quilt that reminds me of the many quilters who made due with what they had.

Now, sandwiching the quilt, quilting and binding.

I did save just enough fabric (pieced from two of my "Quackers "fabrics) for the binding.
Well, at least, I think I have enough! We will soon find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...