Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Save It or Trash It???


Thanks for all of your comments on my last blog. 
I hope you are all happy because you hung guilt over my head and made me do it. 

Today, I dug into my studio waste basket and pulled out that last remaining bit left from my fabric packs. (I don't empty the trash daily, obviously, and  I don't put other things in my waste basket -- only sewing scraps.)

And now the debate is on............ 

Should I save it (and use it) or am I crazy and this tiny bit of fabric should go back into the trash?

Seriously........
What would you do with it?

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Use it on the back or on the label! Applique a flower pot in front of one of the houses.

    I know what your going through. I now have a very hard time throwing out scraps since using Bonnie K Hunter scrap system. I have made so many things with the scraps I would have thrown away that I hardly have to use my stash for little things. I been using stuff smaller than 1.5 inches as string blocks or filling in throw pillows or even Alzheimer Art Quilts. Quite often I take the scraps from the current project and build a background for my AAQI mini quilt. 9 x 12 inches is not very big. Sometimes end up with 2 backgrounds. I hang them on my design wall and figure out what I can make for next month with them. Most of the quilts that have sold well for AAQI are made with those crazy backgrounds.

    Aileen in Florida

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...