Friday, January 18, 2013

A New Quilt for the New Year


Crimson Ridge Drive
20" x 26"
©2013 Sharon V. Rotz

The quilting is finished, the binding is added, and I'm celebrating a 2013 quilt.


These fabrics were so much fun to work with. I love the bright colors and bold patterns of the Moda - Comma Mini Charm Packs


For the quilting, I alternated between the orange, yellow, chartreuse and grey "Dance with Me" threads by Aurifil. I mixed them in over the area of the quilt top. The coordinated threads were a perfect mate to the fabrics.


I also love the hand-dyed wool that I added into the mix. 

Explore the unexpected in 2013!

P.S. What did I do with my scrap of left-over fabric??
 It went back into the sewing trash. I have bigger worlds to conquer.  





7 comments:

  1. I love this happy little quilt. I sure wish I could say I have a finished project in 2013. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, happy quilt. Love the hints of lime green! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little quilt, Very cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comments. This quilt has been wandering around in my head for a while now and these fabrics were perfectly in line with my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the "wonky" plaid border. Gives it a folksy vintage feel combined with the totally mod 60's vingage! Lovely and Finished!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love this finish! love the use of orange and lime and the neutrals for a border - the play with line is interesting too! This is the kind of piece that always makes me stop and look at for a while since there is so much going on! great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...