Friday, May 25, 2012

More Friday Stitching

Dancing Log Cabins detail
©2012 Marlyn Butchins

I am always inspired by the quilters I meet (through the internet or in person) and the quilts that they make. Recently, Marlyn from Israel sent me a photo her quilt "Dancing Log Cabins". She mentioned that she has a new Janome 7700 with more than 240 embroidery stitches. I'm delighted that she chose to try out those stitches on the sashing of Dancing Log Cabins.


To quote Marlyn, 

"To me it is a quilt filled with taking chances, passion, and lots of cheeky statements,
excitement, vibrancy and all the things that make me feel good. This is how I want a quilt to make me feel, and this one certainly does it."


I am so happy that Marlyn used my book, Log Cabin Quilts with Attitude, for her inspiration.  

Find the freedom of using for your scrap strips in these fun-loving skewed log cabin blocks.  Feel free to disregard perfect seam allowances and forget about matching corners as you combine fabrics without fretting.

Note:  Thanks to Marlyn for sharing her quilt. Please follow the link to find out more about Marlyn and The Dizengoff Memorial Quilt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...