Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Working with Children




OK, you're right. I haven't been blogging. But, I have been busy.

Recently, I had the most wonderful time in Appleton, WI at The Building for Kids. I was asked to be an Artist in Residence for their "Fabrics and Family" focus and had a delightful time sharing my love for fabric with the children. We made simple fabric crazy quilts (glued, not stitched) which were framed and went home with the proud children.

The Building for Kids (Children's Museum) is an amazing place, full of terrific exhibits to explore, a place for fun and learning. The staff is friendly and helpful and I did see the adults having as much fun as the children.

Thanks to The Building for Kids for inviting me and thanks to Westminster Fibers for sending us great kid-friendly Free Spirit fabrics for our project.

2 comments:

  1. Sharon, on behalf of the CVA, please consider this an invitation to teach a similar workshop right here in downtown Wausau. Call me! Val

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...