Thursday, December 2, 2010

East Iowa Heirloom Quilters


Even though we enjoy those quiet moments when we are closeted in our studios which just a pile of fabric and our sewing machines, nothing is more stimulating than sharing time with other quilters.

I have such a fun time working with the East Iowa Heirloom Quilters in Cedar Rapids, IA. I had the opportunity to share my "freedom" log cabin block ideas in an afternoon class and some of the students showed off their handiwork in the evening.

I have to admit that I have never laughed so hard giving a lecture as I did that evening. We had one of those moments when everything is hilarious. (Well, maybe they were really laughing at me, not with me, but I refuse to think that way!) Such a fabulous group of quilters. This is what quilting should be about, sharing ideas, laughing and filling our lives with joy.

Thanks ladies, for the opportunity to meet you and, for a moment, share your lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...