Wednesday, November 17, 2010

When It's Time to Say Good-bye

Peepers
29" x 26"
Sharon V. Rotz

What do you do with your quilts? Do they decorate your home? Are they to keep you or your loved ones warm? Do you give them for gifts? Do you offer them for sale?

When I exhibit my art quilts in a gallery, they are for sale. Often, they come back home with me for another day. But, there are sale days as well. Then it's time to say good-bye to a part of you. Each piece that you create has a story. It is full of your life at a moment in time. You have connections to the fabric, the subject matter and each stitch and bead that you've placed on it.
So there is that bittersweet moment when you part.

Today, I am saying good-bye to my peepers. There will never be another just like you, but I know you will now be a part of the lives of others and they will enjoy you as I have.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Peepers will be "hoppy" in its new home. Peepers is a beautiful piece of artwork!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...