Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Done but Not Done In

October Skies
19"x 43"
Sharon V. Rotz

I'm sure that you thought I was "done in" by my quilt after the little problems I had along the way. As you can see, I won!! and the quilt is finished. I had a fun time machine quilting clouds and more clouds.

I'm not sure where this quilt came from because it is quite different from other projects that I have been working on. I was, of course, inspired by another of God's beautiful sunsets. How can we not admire the grandeur of the world around us?

When I showed this project to my mother, she told me that as a child she loved lying in the grass and looking for shapes in the clouds. Now this memory will always pop into my head as I look at "October Skies".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...