Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday's Tile - Adding Beads

Quilter's Tile - Red Leaves with Beads
8" x 8"
©2012 Sharon V. Rotz

I am in awe of the exquisite beaded works of Sharon L. Wright exhibited at the Form and Function gallery exhibit at the Center for the Visual Arts in Wausau, WI.

After seeing her work, I knew I wanted to try adding beads to my own art projects. My attempts would be a far cry from her level of expertise but you learn by doing and I was ready "to do".

I had a finished quilter's tile that I felt could use additional interest and adding beads would provide it.  Out came a small container of mixed red beads that I was saving. (No, I didn't know when I purchased the beads that I needed it for this project, but it is so apparent now.)


I randomly added beads to the corner, building out to more scattered beads. 


Between and around the beads, I added french knots using embroidery floss. I had never combined beads and embroidery before. Again, thanks to Sharon, for the inspiration.


I used six strands for the heavier knots and three strands for the finer knots.


I'm happy with the combination of beads, knots, and the row of dots on the printed fabric.

Who inspired you today?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...