Friday, November 2, 2012

Getting it Together and Traveling On


My new quilt is coming together as the background is added and the sections are combined.


Recently, I traveled to Des Moines, IA where we gathered for a class on string piecing.  I enjoyed meeting so many new friends and sharing ideas with them. My quilts loved the opportunity to show off and puffed themselves up with pride as they were displayed during two lectures for the guild. Is it any wonder that they didn't all fit back into the suitcases for the ride home?


We spent one day paper piecing Mariner's Compasses for the center of the G.P.S. wall quilts.



Busy sewing


and trimming.




Anything to get a good picture. 


My friend Mary, who traveled with me and was a valued assistant, myself, and Peggy, who hosted us at her lovely home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...