Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tuesday's Tile - Pods

Quilter's Tile - Pods
8" x 8"
©2012 - Sharon V. Rotz

Last Tuesday, I had completed the top for this tile but was unsure of how I would finish it. There are always so many options for quilting and finishing a piece. Often, I am unsure of the final result until I dive in and start.


Because this blue section resembled a pod, I went with that in mind and quilted little round seeds. Here I am using a variegated Sulky 40 weight rayon thread. I loved how the colors changed across the length of the seed pod.


I built up visual interest by the repeat of the fabric pattern and the quilting. To compliment this, I used a batting filled tube of the striped silk. Using the directions from my Fasturn®, fabric tube turning system, I added in a narrow strip of batting as I turned the tube. This gave me a soft and pliable tube which was perfect for this project.

What would you have done to finish this project? Would you have added more, less, or gone in an entirely different direction?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...