Tuesday, October 16, 2012

All that Red, All those Leaves

Quilter's Tile - Red Leaves
8" x 8"
©2012 Sharon V. Rotz

As you can see, I had so much fun piecing and quilting this tile that I didn't even stop to take a photo along the way.


I do like to randomly stitch together small strings of fabric, letting my imagination run free as I create. Each fabric brings its own personality to the piece.


I like how the small dots of this fabric look like they were hand-painted on.


Leaves quilted on the surface add dimension and life.


Don't be afraid to break away from your basic quilting idea, in this case, the leafy branch. This prevents boredom, for you and the viewer.  

Experiment, experiment, experiment

and enjoy.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...