Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday's Tile - Pink Stones

Quilter's Tile - Pink Stones
8" x 8"
©2012 - Sharon V. Rotz

I've been enjoying quiet summer moments playing with embroidery stitches on a quilter's tile. I started the tile several weeks ago. Since that time I have been adding more and more stitches until each stone is showing off at its finest. 


Some stitches are very simple. I've found even a simple Cross Stitch can add appeal. Adding spaces between the Cross Stitches gave them a different look.



Some stitches are a bit more complicated. Although it looks more complex, an Open Cretan Stitch is quick to learn.


Even a common Running Stitch can be eye-catching and effective. Is this nothing but a larger quilting stitch?


Covering only a portion of this stone with a stitch dramatized the whole stone. The Open Fishbone Stitch is shown here. Does this look like a pine tree to you?  Hmm.. store this idea away for another project.


I can see further uses for this stitch.  The Wheatear Stitch may pop up as underwater vegetation. The wheels are turning in my head.

The stones are all decorated and my little project is finished off with hand quilting and a traditional binding. With a large diversity of stitching, I think I will enjoy this tile for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...