Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday's Tile






In a previous post, I decided to hand embroider this quilter's tile that has pink stones fused on. Since hand embroidery can be very relaxing, I am slowly making this a summer long project. Just a little something to do in quiet moments. 


This is a stitch that I tried for the first time. It's called the vandyke stitch. I had a bit of trouble getting started but I gently unthreaded my stitches until I figured it out.


So much simpler, just straight stitches, the long and short of it.


A buttonhole (blanket) stitch looks more elegant with a second row of stitches between the first, each row in a different color floss.


The cable chain stitch was fun to do. I worked until my thread ran out.

I still have a few stones to fill. I'll continue on another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...