Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday's Tile - Drop Cloth Poppies

Quilter's Tile - Drop Cloth Poppies
8" x 8"
©2012 Sharon V. Rotz

Am I really reduced to using paint rags for my art? Is this all I have left? Have I reduced my stash to the bargain basement floor?

Actually, that could be a good thing, reducing my stash a bit. I'm not out of fabric but.....
I can dream of going crazy buying all new fabric.




Back to my paint splattered fabric. It kept popping up. I kept thinking about it. I began to see images in the fabric. 


So it went from scrap fabric to fabric filled with creative potential.



Flowers started to bloom under the needle of my sewing machine.


And more flowers appeared.


Until the surface was covered.


Then a dragonfly left from another project landed.  

Normally, dark bindings work best to show off a piece, but I left that thought behind when I chose a light tan fabric to finish the edge. (in progress, stitched to the front and ready to hand stitch to the back.)

Lesson of the day:  Keep your eyes open to creative possibilities.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...