Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday's Tile - Mariner's Compass

Quilter's Tile - Mariner's Compass
8" x 8"
©2012 - Sharon V. Rotz


For small projects, I like to use a single layer binding. Commercially packed bias tape could work, but I prefer to coordinate the binding by using a fabric from the center of the quilt.
  

The Clover Bias Tape Maker works well for folding a binding strip. Both bias and straight grain fabric strips may be used. (I usually use straight brain strips for my bindings.) 

If the corners of the fabric strip are trimmed off, it is easier to start feeding the strip through.



In it goes.



The fold is started and my iron presses it in place as the strip feeds through the bias tape maker.


Out comes a beautiful, coordinated binding strip.



The unfolded strip is stitched to the edge of the quilt. The fold line guides my stitching.



The binding is folded around to the back of the quilt, ready for hand stitching.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...