Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesday's Tile - It's Not Always Hearts and Roses




Quilter's Tile - alias Tooth Fairy Pillow
8" x 8"
©2012 - Sharon V. Rotz

A Valentine filled with hearts and roses wasn't on the tile this Valentine's Day. Not when you get a phone call with important news. "Grandpa, I've got something exciting to tell you. I lost my first tooth."

Of course, this deserves an important gift. A tooth fairy pillow in which to place that treasured tooth and others to follow.



A lily pad shape was perfect for the pocket.



Nicholas' name was added with machine stitched letters. Because this is not something I do often, this step took a little time as I  had to try several times and get out my sewing machine manual. Now that I am more familiar with the technique, I'm brainstorming on other ways I can use this feature. (Do you have any ideas for me?)



When frogs are in the picture, perhaps the tooth fairy looks like a dragonfly? I made this one from two layers of sheer placed on a stabilizer. After I stitched the shape, I trimmed close to the stitching.


Here is my Quilter's Tile for the week, turned tooth fairy pillow ready and waiting to be stuffed and finished.

I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day, whether there are hearts (or frogs) coming your way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...