Monday, October 18, 2010

What was really inside?


When I opened it, I saw them but what to do with them? Could they be useful? Were they full of potential awaiting their opportunity to shine?

I'm talking of the plastic bag donated to our "Undercover Quilters" group. It was filled with pieces all cut to size and a few larger bits that matched. Of course, there were no instructions, there never are with donated fabric. What does one do with a pile 3" squares and numerous 6" x 3-1/2" rectangles? To me, they don't shout out "put me together" into any common block that I know of.

But they did. They went together happily without extra cutting and re-sizing. A little trimming was required to fit in the larger pieces but not a problem.

What was really hiding inside the bag? Well, as you can see, it was a quilt top ready to layer and finish into a warm and cuddly cover to keep someone in our community warm this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...