Sunday, October 10, 2010

Oh my, What's that on your back?


On my back?

Is it a creepy, crawly?

No, of course, I am talking about the back of your quilt. Are you so happy to finish the top that you elect to put any fabric on the back? Do you run down to the local quilt shop to purchase a coordinated fabric for the back?

This week I will be showing some optional backs for your quilts.

I will start with the quilt I have been working on, my bright yellow scrap log cabin quilt. For this quilt, I am using up fabric from my stash. With limited amounts of the fabric, I played around for the best fabric useage.

I had a blue mottled fabric, similar to several fabrics I used in the top. It was a good start, but of course, not large enough to cover the back. (Actually to my delight, then I get to use my creativity.) To this, I added some strips of frog fabric (again, a fabric used on the top) and found a striped fabric with similar colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...