Sunday, September 26, 2010

Quilted and Finished (At Last)































Untitled
(for now)
22" x 26"
Sharon V. Rotz




I know both you ...and I ....thought I would never finish this small landscape. But, I did it! Even if the process was a bit unconventional.

I do dominate "quilter detention". Before the quilting in the center of the quilt was finished, (We all know this is the "correct" way to work on any project.) I had the borders quilted and, yes, half of the binding stitched in place.

As you see, I did go back and finish quilting the center. You gave me thoughtful suggestions about the border and I will keep them in mind for my next landscape quilt, but I am satisfied with the border as it is. To me, it frames the landscape giving the impression of one looking out a window or perhaps through the bushes. There are multiple ways of solving any problem and the joy of being the creator of an artwork is that we can pick and choose from those options. We may make the best choice or not, and that is always a subjective decision -- hurray for art critics! The main thing is that we are unafraid to try a new or different approach.

But, again, I would love your input. What suggestions do you have for a name for this quilt?

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Great solution! I think of something involving "woodlands."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...