Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Working from my inspiration

From my inspirational photo, I chose to re-create a small section of leaves in my quilting project. Although I loved the whole composition and may at some time choose to make a larger quilt, today's project will be small, approximately 12" square.

I drew out three leaves based on the leaves in the photo. Because I can pick and choose, I am not limited by my photo and can combine or delete as I desire. I can simplify the leaves. I can also add other elements. I can go realistic with the colors or into a fantasy realm.

Now the fun part of sorting through my fabrics, on a quest for the best choices to complete my vision. The fabrics that pop out at me may change my vision and clear the way for an ever greater artwork. I always try to keep open to the possibilities that may arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...