Friday, February 5, 2010

Speaking of Red

I've completed my redwork table topper. Even though this is a smaller project, it was a work in progress of a considerable amount of time. Initially, the four redwork blocks were stitched together with five solid red blocks. To me, this was too ordinary and unexciting. Maybe this was why it was never finished. I removed the solid red blocks and added pieced blocks made of a variety of reds. Now it captured my attention and I could move on. I machine quilted the red pieced blocks and hand quilted the four hand-embroidered redwork blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...