Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tuesday's Tile

 What could I do? There it was.

After I finished putting together my nine patch blocks that I showed you last Friday, there was one extra piece. It was a colorful, fun piece that called to me. Over and over again.....

I mean, could you resist this piece?


Well, actually, it was accompanied by a second piece.


My project top was completed. Shouldn't I just throw these remnants away and be done?


The piece that I am fighting with grew too large for my nine patch, but...
when I measured it, it was just the right size for a Quilter's Tile.

OK, Little Scrap, you win!

You will become a Quilter's Tile.


A bit more piecing was needed to enlarge the solid piece of Kaufman Radiance fabric to the needed 8" size.


Another scrap would provide the width to make a tile 8" x 8".


After stitching the sections together I realized there was bubbling along one seam line. On more forgiving cotton patterned fabrics, this may not be a problem. On the Radiance that catches the light so beautifully, this area will always stand out as a mistake. There would be no camouflaging it with my quilting stitches. 



So the stitching came out.


And was restitched.

Now, how will I quilt this?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...