Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday's Tile - Twin Pines


Quilter's Tile - Twin Pines
8" x 8"
©2012 Sharon V. Rotz

No, not identical twins but the kind where each has its own serendipitous personality.


I recently enjoyed a mini class with Rene Iannarelli on different ways to piece trees. Great ideas!




Trees were on my mind as I was string piecing, so thought that I would try string piecing some pines.  I covered these two muslin foundations with bits of green.



After trimming the pieced section into a triangle, I stitched a sky fabric on the edge. 



This was trimmed into a vertical rectangle.



Soon I had sections pieced and ready to put together.  I did trim the sections larger than I thought was needed. Good thought, maybe I've learned from all those years of making blocks only to find that they were a bit too small.



I pieced my sections together



and added quilting.



  Off the cuff and totally spontaneous, what fun I had making this quilt.
I think that I spent more time picking out the fabric for the binding than I did for the rest of the tile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...