Friday, September 14, 2012

Beginnings of a New Quilt






 A new quilt idea has been running back and forth in my head. Yesterday, I started playing around with pencil and paper in hand and came up with this.


After drawing the design, I gridded the paper to help with the placement of the sections as I construct them.


 I traced one of the sections unto muslin. I marked the grid lines so I would have these registration marks for joining the sections into a whole. 


I am string piecing this section with a stitch and flip method.



After stitching the strings unto the muslin, I trimmed with a 1/4" seam allowance.


I stopped to admire the right side


and placed the string pieced section in place on the design.

What will come next? Where will this lead? What changes will happen along the way?











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...