Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tuesday's Tile Raided the Jewelry Box



Quilter's Tile - Silver, Bronze and Gold
8" x 8"
©Sharon V. Rotz

Are you looking for an added accent for your quilting project?  It could be as close as your jewelry box.


I have a collection of jewelry that I will no long wear but some of it just could show up on a quilted piece.


A pair of earrings found its way into this Quilter's Tile. 

First, I used Shiva Artist's Paintstiks to add a design to my fabric. The metallic paint was then enhanced by beads and the bronze and gold earrings. 


Hand-stitching with silver and bronze metallic thread completed the tile.

(By the way if you were counting, I really don't have three ears. The third piece came from the matching pin.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...