Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Quilter's Tile - Strings and Petals
8" x 8"
©2012 Sharon V. Rotz

What can you do with a gelatin print that may (or may not) be a favorite?


It was fun exploring gelatin printing in a recent class. In this print, I printed twice. After the first print, I removed the elements and re-printed over the first print. Is this a real technique or did I just make up or mess up what I had?

Of course, the real question is: What will I do next?


Still thinking string piecing, I made a section to add to the printed block. (You will notice that I used fabrics from last Friday's blog post.) I stitched a row of narrow rick-rack to the edge.


I pressed the seam allowance to the back, leaving half of the rickrack showing forming a clean-finished edge.


Stitching in the ditch (stitching only through the narrow rick-rack edge), I top-stitched the string pieced section to the block.


Machine quilting added definition to the edge of the flower.


One of those many machine stitches that I rarely use was a perfect edge for the circle.


More machine quilting completed the design.


Oh, yes, a few were beads were in order,


and the binding was the last step. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...